Students under the age of 16, whose parents live abroad, must have a UK based guardian when they come to study in the United Kingdom.
All international students coming to the UK to follow a long-term course may also benefit from additional guardianship support during their time here.
Kings Colleges recommends Oxford Guardians.
Oxford Guardians offers a comprehensive and personal guardianship service for international students which includes:
- Pre-arrival pack and help with all pre-departure documentation
- Sourcing of an appropriate host family
- Meeting on arrival in the UK and regular personal contact throughout the study period
- Support in practical, emotional and health matters
- 24-hour telephone contact service
For more information, visit the Oxford Guardians website.