It starts from the moment we welcome you to your new college.
Read about what happens on your first day and during your first week.
On your first day, you should arrive at college by 08.45 in the morning. Your host family will have shown you how to get to the college.
There will be a welcome talk and tour of the college for you and your fellow new students. You’ll have lots of opportunity to meet the other students who will soon be your new friends, as well as your teachers and the other staff who are here to support you.
You will complete a short test so that we can place you in the appropriate class for your ability, if you are studying an English course.
Here's a sample timetable of a typical first day.
Depending on your course, during your first week you will have an induction programme which will cover the following:
• Introduction to college staff
• Meetings with your Director of Studies
• Getting to know your fellow students
• Testing your level of English
• Introduction to College library facilities
• Introduction to College computer and I.T. facilities
• Sports and social activities available
• Information about medical and dental services
• Police registration (if appropriate)
• Advice on opening a bank account
• Kings student insurance
Throughout your first weeks we will do all we need to so that you to settle into college life as quickly as possible.